CS/SB 1226: Sentencing for Sexual Offenders and Sexual Predators
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Book ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hutson
Sentencing for Sexual Offenders and Sexual Predators; Redefining the terms “permanent residence,” “temporary residence,” and “transient residence” by decreasing the amount of days a person abides, lodges, or resides in a certain place to qualify for that type of residency category; revising existing criminal penalties for sexual predators to require mandatory minimum terms of community control with electronic monitoring for first, second, and third and subsequent felony violations if the court does not impose a prison sentence, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1301 (Ch. 2018-105) -SJ 912
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 92
• Introduced -SJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/06/18, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 303
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Now in Rules -SJ 384
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/18, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Read 2nd time -SJ 912
• Substituted CS/HB 1301 -SJ 912
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1301 (Ch. 2018-105) -SJ 912
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.