CS/SB 1262: Election Dates for Municipal Office
GENERAL BILL by Ethics and Elections ; Hutson
Election Dates for Municipal Office; Requiring the governing body of a municipality to determine the dates on which initial and runoff elections for municipal office are held and providing options therefor; requiring municipal recall elections to be held concurrently with municipal elections under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 2/20/2018 Senate - CS/CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 3
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 146
• Introduced -SJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/06/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 297
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 304
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/20/18, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 3
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.