The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1274: Community Associations
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Passidomo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield ; Campbell
Community Associations; Deleting a provision prohibiting an association from hiring an attorney who represents the management company of the association; revising the list of documents that the association is required to post online; revising voting requirements relating to alterations and additions to certain common elements or association property; revising cooperative association recordkeeping requirements; prohibiting a board member from voting via e-mail, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 841 (Ch. 2018-96) -SJ 962
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/30/18, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 257
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/13/18, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Rules -SJ 347
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 876
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Read 2nd time -SJ 961
• Amendment(s) adopted (166454)
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 841 -SJ 962
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 841 (Ch. 2018-96) -SJ 962
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.