HB 1299: Public School Transportation
GENERAL BILL by Raburn
Public School Transportation; Requires district school boards to provide transportation to certain students; revises speed & road conditions that meet hazardous walking condition criteria; requires district school superintendent to request review of hazardous walking condition under certain circumstance; requires school district to initiate specified proceedings.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 113
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 339
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 392
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.