CS/HB 1317: Pub. Rec./Autopsy Records
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Jacobs
Pub. Rec./Autopsy Records; Revises definition of "medical examiner"; provides legal guardian access to photograph, video or audio recording of autopsy; provides that legal guardian shall be given reasonable notice of opportunity to be present & heard at any hearing on petition to view or make copy of such photograph or recording; provides exemption from public records requirements; provides for future legislative review & repeal; provides criminal penalties; provides retroactive applicability.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 113
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 340
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 475
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 472
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/15/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 2 -HJ 607
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 607
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 672
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 672
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 831
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 894
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 2 -HJ 894, 895
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 777
• Received -SJ 777
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.