CS/CS/SB 140: Marriage Licenses
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Benacquisto ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Simpson ; Book ; Hutson ; Perry ; Bracy ; Torres ; Rodriguez ; Campbell ; Taddeo ; Baxley ; Farmer ; Negron ; Bean ; Braynon ; Broxson ; Flores ; Gainer ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Hukill ; Mayfield ; Montford ; Passidomo ; Powell ; Rader ; Rouson ; Simmons ; Steube ; Stewart ; Thurston ; Young
Marriage Licenses; Providing that a marriage license may not be issued to a person under the age of 18 years except under certain circumstances; requiring parties to a marriage to file a written and signed affidavit with the county court judge or clerk of the circuit court before the judge or clerk may issue a marriage license; requiring each party to a marriage to provide his or her social security number or an alien registration number for purposes of child support enforcement; clarifying that a county court judge or clerk of a circuit court commits a misdemeanor if he or she issues a blank marriage license or if he or she issues a marriage license without obtaining the ages and identification numbers of the parties, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 10/24/17, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/06/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/13/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Rules -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/11/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 17
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 94
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 162
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 162
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 199
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -SJ 218
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 240
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 546
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Received -HJ 546
• Substituted for CS/HB 335 -HJ 580
• Read 2nd time -HJ 580
• Amendment(s) adopted (186227, 951669) -HJ 580, 581
• Read 3rd time -HJ 581
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 108 NAYS 2 -HJ 581
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to House amendment(s) adopted (756720) -SJ 717, 718
• Concurred in House amendment(s) as amended (923493) -SJ 716, 717
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 718
• In returning messages
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) to House amendment(s) (756720) -HJ 1125, 1126
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 1 -HJ 1126
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1051
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-81
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.