HB 1419: Firearms
GENERAL BILL by McClure ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Byrd ; Donalds ; Fant ; Fitzenhagen ; Gonzalez ; Grall ; Grant, J. ; Leek ; Mariano ; Perez ; Plakon ; Plasencia ; Stone ; Williamson ; Yarborough
Firearms; Authorizes religious institution to allow concealed weapons or concealed firearms licensee to carry firearm on property of institution for certain purposes.
Last Action: 2/1/2018 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 484
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 122
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 341
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -HJ 434
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/01/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 6 -HJ 484
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 484
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.