CS/SB 1738: Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Stewart
Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program; Authorizing an early learning coalition to refuse to contract with certain private prekindergarten providers, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 189
• Introduced -SJ 189
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/06/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 306
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 296
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.