CS/SB 1756: School Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Simmons
School Accountability; Revising the private schools to which the Department of Education is required to provide technical assistance and authorized staff; revising requirements for private schools that participate in the Gardiner Scholarship Program; revising the purpose of department site visits at private schools participating in the John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program; requiring a private school to employ or contract with teachers who meet certain qualifications and provide information about such qualifications to the department and parents, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 190
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/22/18, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 190
• CS by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 224
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 348
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.