HB 271: Bankruptcy Matters in Foreclosure Proceedings
GENERAL BILL by Rommel
Bankruptcy Matters in Foreclosure Proceedings; Authorizes lienholders to use documents from bankruptcy case to foreclose mortgage; creates rebuttable presumption defendant waived any defense to foreclosure; requires court to take judicial notice of bankruptcy case orders.
Last Action: 2/14/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 220 (Ch. 2018-15) -HJ 571
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 253
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 28
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 312
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 312
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Substituted SB 220 -HJ 571
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 220 (Ch. 2018-15) -HJ 571
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.