SB 286: Florida Slavery Memorial
GENERAL BILL by Rouson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rodriguez ; Campbell ; Baxley ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Book ; Bracy ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Braynon ; Broxson ; Farmer ; Flores ; Gainer ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Grimsley ; Hukill ; Hutson ; Mayfield ; Montford ; Negron ; Passidomo ; Perry ; Powell ; Rader ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Stargel ; Stewart ; Taddeo ; Thurston ; Torres ; Young
Florida Slavery Memorial; Establishing the Florida Slavery Memorial; providing for administration of the memorial by the Department of Management Services; directing the department to develop a specified plan for the design, placement, and cost of the memorial and submit the plan to the Governor and Legislature, etc.
Last Action: 2/21/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 67 (Ch. 2018-31) -SJ 371
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/05/17, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 101
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 01/10/18, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 26
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/31/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 257
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/21/18 -SJ 374
• Read 2nd time -SJ 371
• Substituted HB 67 -SJ 371
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 67 (Ch. 2018-31) -SJ 371
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.