CS/CS/HB 329: Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage Exclusions
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Ponder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Edwards-Walpole
Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage Exclusions; Provides that private passenger motor vehicle policies may exclude certain identified individuals from specified coverages under certain circumstances; provides that such policies may not exclude coverage under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/15/17, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 255
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/11/18, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 248
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 1 -HJ 342
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 345
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 344
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 400
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.