CS/SB 394: Fire Safety
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Bracy
Fire Safety; Requiring the Division of State Fire Marshal to establish specified courses as a part of firefighter and volunteer firefighter training and certification; specifying the division’s authority to adopt rules for training related to cancer and mental health risks within the fire service, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 32
• Introduced -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 221
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/06/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Now in Rules -SJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/22/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 427
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 560
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 560
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 841
• Received -HJ 841
• Substituted for CS/HB 309 -HJ 902
• Read 2nd time -HJ 902
• Read 3rd time -HJ 902
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 902
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 734
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-18
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.