CS/CS/SB 484: Criminal Justice
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Bradley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes
Criminal Justice; Authorizing each county to create a supervised bond release program; providing an exception to a county that has already established and implemented a supervised bond program that utilizes a risk assessment instrument; authorizing the county to contract with the Department of Corrections to develop or modify a risk assessment instrument if such instrument meets certain requirements; requiring each county that establishes a supervised bond program to submit a report annually by a certain date to the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA); authorizing a court to sentence offenders to a county jail for up to 24 months under certain circumstances for offenses committed after a specified date; requiring sentencing conditions; authorizing the department to extend the limits of confinement to allow an inmate to participate in supervised community release, subject to certain requirements, as prescribed by the department by rule, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/13/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 12/07/17, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 104
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 39
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/31/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 297
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 297
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 299
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.