HB 885: Arrest Warrants for State Prisoners
GENERAL BILL by Plakon
Arrest Warrants for State Prisoners; Authorizes prisoner in state prison who has unserved violation of probation or unserved violation of community control warrant to file notice of such unserved warrant in circuit court where warrant was issued; requires prisoner to serve notice on state attorney; requires court to schedule status hearing within certain time; specifies procedures; provides for prosecution of violation.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 78
• Introduced -HJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/16/18, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 346
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 346
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/18, 12:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 534
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 534
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/27/18, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 695
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 695
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 802
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 860
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 860
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.