HB 5301: Judges
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee ; Hager
Judges; Revises number of circuit court judges in certain circuits; revises number of county court judges in certain counties; provides legislative findings; provides that circuit & county court judicial offices created by act constitute vacancies in office for purposes of qualifying for 2018 general election; provides for election of new circuit & county court judges created by act in 2018 general election; provides qualifying dates for these positions; specifies elimination dates for decertified offices.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2018-9)
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Appropriations Committee
• Introduced -HJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/31/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 484
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 484
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/07/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 496
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 542
• Passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 542
• Immediately certified -HJ 542
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -HJ 542
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 362
• Received -SJ 362
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2018-9)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.