CS/SB 602: Mandatory Minimum Sentences
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bracy ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Torres
Mandatory Minimum Sentences; Authorizing a court to depart from mandatory minimum terms of imprisonment for certain drug trafficking offenses if it makes specified findings, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/13/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 12/04/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 48
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/06/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 295
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 295
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.