CS/HB 603: Taxes and Fees for Veterans and Low Income Persons
GENERAL BILL by Ways and Means Committee ; Gonzalez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Drake ; Fant ; Pigman ; Watson, C. ; Willhite
Taxes and Fees for Veterans and Low Income Persons; Exempts certain persons & businesses from business taxes & fees; repeals provisions relating to exemptions for disabled veterans or their unremarried spouses; authorizes municipalities that impose certain business taxes on merchants to continue to impose such taxes; authorizes such municipalities to revise definition of "merchant"; deletes fees & revises acceptable forms of ID for adding "Veteran" to ID card or driver license; prohibits charging certain driver license service fees to veterans.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 100 (Ch. 2018-80), CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118) -HJ 1006
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 54
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 313
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 313
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 01/31/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 476
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Ways and Means Committee read 1st time -HJ 466
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 491
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Substituted SB 100 -HJ 1006
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 100 (Ch. 2018-80), CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118) -HJ 1006
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.