HB 67: Florida Slavery Memorial
GENERAL BILL by McGhee ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Asencio ; Brown ; Burgess ; Cortes, J. ; Daniels ; DuBose ; Duran ; Geller ; Harrison ; Henry ; Ingoglia ; Jacobs ; Jenne ; Metz ; Moskowitz ; Pritchett ; Slosberg ; Smith ; Stafford ; Watson, B. ; Watson, C.
Florida Slavery Memorial; Establishes Florida Slavery Memorial; provides for administration of memorial by DMS; directs DMS to develop specified plan & submit such plan to Governor & Legislature.
Last Action: 2/1/2018 Senate - Received -SJ 262
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 10/11/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 251
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 10/25/17, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 250
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 11/07/17, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 252
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 252
• Introduced -HJ 18
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 401
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 424
• Passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 425
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 262
• Received -SJ 262
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.