SB 7020: OGSR/Complaints of Violations and Referrals
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Ethics and Elections
OGSR/Complaints of Violations and Referrals; Amending provisions which provides exemptions from public records and public meetings requirements for complaints alleging a violation of part III of ch. 112, F.S., and related records that are held by the Commission on Ethics or its agents and specified local government entities, for written referrals and related records that are held by the commission or its agents, the Governor, the Department of Law Enforcement, and state attorneys, and for portions of meetings at which complaints or referrals are discussed or acted upon; removing the scheduled repeal of the exemptions, etc.
Last Action: 2/28/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7041 (Ch. 2018-76) -SJ 408
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Ethics and Elections
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/30/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/06/18, 11:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 259
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Now in Rules -SJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/22/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18 -SJ 409
• Read 2nd time -SJ 408
• Substituted HB 7041 -SJ 408
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7041 (Ch. 2018-76) -SJ 408
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.