SB 840: Gaming
GENERAL BILL by Hutson
Gaming; Authorizing a greyhound racing permitholder to receive an operating license to conduct pari-mutuel wagering activities at another permitholder’s greyhound racing facility; authorizing such thoroughbred racing permitholder’s facility to remain an eligible facility, to continue to be eligible for a slot machine license, to be exempt from certain provisions to be eligible as a guest track for intertrack wagering and simulcasting, and to remain eligible for a cardroom license; authorizing the division to establish a reasonable period to respond to certain requests from a licensed cardroom, etc.
Last Action: 2/14/2018 Senate - Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 65
• Introduced -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/17/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 204
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/12/18, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.