HB 887: Reading Instruction
GENERAL BILL by Harrell ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Russell
Reading Instruction; Requires certain plans to provide for certain reading interventions that meet certain criteria beginning with specified school year; requires DOE to consider award of endorsements for teaching certificate to individuals who hold specified certifications or complete specified programs; requires school districts to provide access to training sufficient to earn endorsement in reading.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 78
• Introduced -HJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 474
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 474
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 550
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 722
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 760
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 760
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 570
• Received -SJ 570
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.