CS/CS/HB 453: Micromobility Devices
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Toledo
Micromobility Devices; Authorizes county or municipality to regulate operation of micromobility devices; authorizes county or municipality to require licensure; requires proof of certain insurance coverage; provides that regulation of micromobility devices is controlled by state & federal law; provides that operator has all rights & duties applicable to rider of bicycle; exempts micromobility device from certain requirements; provides that person is not required to have valid driver license to operate micromobility device; authorizes parking on sidewalk; requires securing of shared micromobility devices under certain circumstances; exempts micromobility devices from certain emblem requirements.
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 57
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 351
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 522
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 544
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/10/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 1 -HJ 673
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 669
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 887, 890
• Amendment(s) adopted (321941) -HJ 891
• Read 3rd time -HJ 891
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 891
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 502
• Received -SJ 501
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 624
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 542 -SJ 624
• Read 2nd time -SJ 624
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 676
• CS passed; YEAS 32 NAYS 1 -SJ 676
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1129
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-109
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.