CS/CS/HB 527: Federal Immigration Enforcement
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Byrd ; Grall ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beltran ; DiCeglie ; Gregory ; Hill ; Sabatini ; Smith, D.
Federal Immigration Enforcement; Designates act "Rule of Law Adherence Act"; prohibits sanctuary policies; requires state & local governmental agencies to use best efforts to support enforcement of federal immigration law; provides requirements concerning immigration detainers; requires AG to prescribe format for complaints; provides injunctive relief & civil penalties; prohibits expenditure of public funds for specified purposes; provides cause of action for personal injury or wrongful death attributed to sanctuary policy; prohibits discrimination on specified grounds; requires repeal of existing sanctuary policies.
Last Action: 4/18/2019 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 65
• Introduced -HJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/20/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 480
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 474
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 488
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 488
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/16/19, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 737
• Placed on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.