CS/CS/SB 620: Military-friendly Initiatives
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Military and Veterans Affairs and Space ; Broxson
Military-friendly Initiatives; Specifying additional military installations that may exchange certain information with local governments regarding compatibility of land development; providing that an easement for certain military lands continues after a tax sale or deed execution; directing the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to develop a Blue Angels license plate; requiring a student whose parent is transferred or pending transfer to a military installation within a school district to be considered a resident of the district and provided preferential treatment in the controlled open enrollment process under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 6/14/2019 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 76
• Introduced -SJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 04/03/19, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space read 1st time -SJ 326
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 04/10/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/19 -SJ 578
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 452
• Read 2nd time -SJ 518
• Amendment(s) adopted (507250) -SJ 519
• Read 3rd time -SJ 520
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 520
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1013
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19
• Received -HJ 1013
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1070
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1108
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 1108
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 766
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.