CS/SB 7014: Government Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Government Accountability; Specifying that the Governor, the Commissioner of Education, or the designee of the Governor or of the commissioner, may notify the Legislative Auditing Committee of an entity’s failure to comply with certain auditing and financial reporting requirements; specifying that any person who willfully fails or refuses to provide access to an employee, officer, or agent of an entity under audit is subject to a penalty; revising the definition of the term “financial audit”; requiring each school district, Florida College System institution, and state university to establish and maintain certain internal controls, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2019 - Chapter No. 2019-15, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 861 (Ch. 2019-56)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/05/19, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Referred to Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/05/19, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 146
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 187
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 193
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/13/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/21/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 254
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 278
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 278
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 578
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Received -HJ 578
• Substituted for CS/HB 7035 -HJ 620
• Read 2nd time -HJ 620
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 657
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 658
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 402
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 402
• Approved by Governor -SJ 578
• Chapter No. 2019-15, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 861 (Ch. 2019-56)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.