CS/CS/HB 1039: Assignment of Consumer Debt
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Latvala
Assignment of Consumer Debt; Authorizes assignees to take certain actions for debts in default; revises when assignees may bring actions to collect debts; specifies such action is subject to certain requirements.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 108
• Introduced -HJ 108
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 523
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 516
• Original reference(s) removed: Civil Justice Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 544
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 544
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall -- Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/10/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 1 -HJ 680
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 678
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.