CS/SB 1040: Discretionary Sales Surtaxes
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Lee
Discretionary Sales Surtaxes; Providing that a referendum to adopt or amend a local discretionary sales surtax must be held at a general election; requiring a county to make the proposed referendum and a specified legal opinion available on its official website; requiring the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability, upon receiving a certain notice, to procure a certified public accountant for a performance audit, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2019-64)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 111
• Introduced -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/26/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 284
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Finance and Tax
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 04/16/19, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 378
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 5 (Ch. 2019-64)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.