CS/HB 1057: Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; McClure ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mercado
Motor Vehicles; Revises provisions relating to motor vehicle lamps, lights, & warning signals; provides requirements & penalties; revises requirements for release statements & pickup notices for damaged or dismantled motor vehicles; authorizes entity that processes certain transactions or certificates for derelict or salvage motor vehicles to be authorized electronic filing system agent; authorizes DHSMV to adopt rules.
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 110
• Introduced -HJ 110
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 461
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 458
• Original reference(s) removed: Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 488
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 488
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 540
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 603
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 710
• Amendment(s) adopted (453329, 729585, 896735) -HJ 710,711
• Read 3rd time -HJ 711
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 711
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 466
• Received -SJ 466
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 550
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 974 -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 550
• Amendment(s) adopted (450470) -SJ 550
• Read 3rd time -SJ 550
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 550, 551
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (450470) -HJ 1124, 1125
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 1125
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1125
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-92
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.