SB 1136: Cyberharassment
Cyberharassment; Redefining the terms “personal identifying information” and “sexually cyberharass”; requiring that a person have a reasonable expectation of privacy in an image for the publication or dissemination of the image to qualify as sexual cyberharassment; providing criminal penalties, etc.
Last Action: 5/24/2019 - Chapter No. 2019-53, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2019-167)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 119
• Introduced -SJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/11/19, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 195
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/25/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -SJ 379
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 433
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 484
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1016
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19
• Received -HJ 1016
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1073
• Amendment(s) adopted (589573) -HJ 1074
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1114
• Passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 1114
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (589573) -SJ 868
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 868, 869
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 868
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-53, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2019-167)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.