CS/HB 1169: Displacement of Private Waste Companies
GENERAL BILL by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; McClure ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perez ; Sabatini
Displacement of Private Waste Companies; Requires local governments to pay specified amount of compensation to displaced private waste companies at end of specified notice period; removes provision relating to authorization of local governments to pay specified amount of compensation to private waste companies as alternative to delaying displacement for specified period; removes provisions authorizing local governments & private waste companies to negotiate such compensation & notice.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Community Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 120
• Introduced -HJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 447
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 445
• Now in Business and Professions Subcommittee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 523
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 523
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/10/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 633
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 633
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 790
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 806
• CS passed; YEAS 107 NAYS 9 -HJ 806
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 511
• Received -SJ 511
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.