CS/HB 1307: Decedents' Property
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Driskell
Decedents' Property; Revises provisions related to precious metals, formal notice requirements, sales involving conflicts of interest, compensation for serving as personal representative, wills, & trust instruments; provides retroactive application.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 130
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 378
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/25/19, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 521
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 521
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/02/19, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 566
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 567
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/16/19, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 745
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 739
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 757
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 832
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 871
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 871
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 512
• Received -SJ 511
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.