CS/SB 1436: Closing the Gap Grant Proposals
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Gibson
Closing the Gap Grant Proposals; Prohibiting the Department of Health from establishing a minimum amount or a maximum amount for Closing the Gap grants; requiring that the amount of each award be based on the merits of each application and that grants be awarded to applicants in various regions of the state; adding a priority area that may be addressed in a Closing the Gap grant proposal, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1045 (Ch. 2019-154) -SJ 673
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/25/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/04/19, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 332
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 355
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/19 -SJ 765
• Read 2nd time -SJ 673
• Substituted HB 1045 -SJ 673
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1045 (Ch. 2019-154) -SJ 673
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.