SB 1630: Venue for Constitutional Challenges
GENERAL BILL by Stargel
Venue for Constitutional Challenges; Requiring the Clerk of the Supreme Court to use a blind, random selection process to determine venue for certain constitutional challenges under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 211
• Introduced -SJ 211
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 283
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.