CS/SB 1646: Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture ; Albritton
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; Authorizing the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to consider the use of a fumigant as a pesticide for raw agricultural commodities; revising the membership of the Florida Food Safety and Food Defense Advisory Council; revising the authority of the department to conduct onsite inspections of facilities used to produce and process milk and milk products and to collect samples of such for testing; authorizing a contract for the sale of a horse to include a covenant for the continuing care of the horse, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2502 (Ch. 2019-116)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Agriculture; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 213
• Introduced -SJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/25/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 283
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 04/09/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2502 (Ch. 2019-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.