CS/HB 167: Local Government Public Construction Works
GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee ; Andrade ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grieco ; Sabatini ; Smith, D.
Local Government Public Construction Works; Requires governing board of local government to consider estimated costs of certain projects using generally accepted cost-accounting principles that account for specified costs when making specified determination; requires local government that performs project using its own services, employees, & equipment to disclose actual costs of project after completion to Auditor General; requires Auditor General to review such disclosures as part of his or her routine audits of local governments; requires estimated total construction project costs for certain projects to include specified costs.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Community Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 02/20/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 300
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Business and Professions Subcommittee -HJ 295
• Introduced -HJ 34
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 289
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 459
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 459
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 539
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 539
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 621
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 659
• CS passed; YEAS 105 NAYS 3 -HJ 659
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 393
• Received -SJ 393
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.