SB 186: Public Records/Victim of Mass Violence
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Book ; Stewart
Public Records/Victim of Mass Violence; Defining the term “killing of a victim of mass violence”; expanding an existing exemption from public records requirements for a photograph or a video or audio recording held by an agency which depicts or records the killing of a law enforcement officer to include a photograph or a video or audio recording held by an agency which depicts or records the killing of a victim of mass violence; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/11/19, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/19/19, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 158
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/06/19, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 46
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/21/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 253
• Amendment(s) adopted (772026) -SJ 253
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 253
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 277
• Amendment(s) adopted (563584) -SJ 277
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1012
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19
• Received -HJ 1012
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1071
• Amendment(s) adopted (008047) -HJ 1071
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1111
• Passed as amended; YEAS 108 NAYS 6 -HJ 1112
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (008047) -SJ 865
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 865
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 865
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-46
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.