CS/SB 190: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Stargel
Higher Education; Requiring the Auditor General to verify the accuracy of unexpended amounts in specified funds certified by university and Florida College System institution chief financial officers; requiring the Board of Governors to develop and annually deliver a training program for members of state university boards of trustees; prohibiting a Florida College System institution direct-support organization from giving, directly or indirectly, any gift to a political committee; requiring, by a specified academic year, Florida College System institutions and state universities to execute agreements to establish “2+2” targeted pathway programs, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2019 Senate - Placed on 3rd reading
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/06/19, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 46
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/20/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 380
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment(s) adopted (392352, 502992, 561776, 605696)
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.