CS/CS/HB 217: Postsecondary Education for Certain Military Personnel
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee ; Hattersley ; Ponder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Andrade ; Bush ; Caruso ; Casello ; Daniels ; Driskell ; Fernandez ; Goff-Marcil ; Gregory ; Joseph ; Killebrew ; Mariano ; Overdorf ; Raschein ; Roach ; Sabatini ; Silvers ; Smith, C. ; Stark ; Webb ; Willhite
Postsecondary Education for Certain Military Personnel; Requires BOG & SBE to create uniform system for award of postsecondary credit to certain servicemembers & veterans of United States Armed Forces; provides process for award of postsecondary credit for military experience & credentials; requires specified postsecondary institutions to waive transcript fee for active duty members of Armed Forces of United States, certain veterans, & their spouses & dependents.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee, 02/13/19, 4:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 297
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/19, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 309
• Introduced -HJ 37
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 309
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/14/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 435
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 445
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.