CS/SB 236: Public Records and Public Meetings
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Book
Public Records and Public Meetings; Providing an exception to the expiration of certain public records and public meetings exemptions under specified circumstances; prohibiting the disclosure of the personal identifying information of an alleged victim of sexual harassment or sexual misconduct, or information that could assist an individual in determining the identity of such alleged victim, in any portion of a proceeding conducted by the Commission on Ethics, a commission on ethics and public trust, or a county or a municipality that has established a local investigatory process which is open to the public; providing for future legislative review and repeal; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2019 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/11/19, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/06/19, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 50
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 152
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 186
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.