CS/HB 341: Motor Vehicles and Railroad Trains
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; LaMarca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caruso ; Jacobs
Motor Vehicles and Railroad Trains; Requires that, in event of crash involving railroad train, collection of certain information be at discretion of law enforcement officer having jurisdiction to investigate crash; revises information required to be contained in crash report; specifies that certain persons are not considered passengers for purpose of making crash reports; requires member of railroad train crew to furnish certain information.
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 47
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 363
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 347
• Now in Criminal Justice Subcommittee -HJ 376
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 460
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 460
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/28/19, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 539
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 539
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 603
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 642
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 642
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 394
• Received -SJ 394
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 627
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1002 -SJ 627
• Read 2nd time -SJ 627
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 679
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 679
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1129
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-69
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.