CS/HB 401: Mastery-based Education
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; DiCeglie ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer ; Smith, D. ; Zika
Mastery-based Education; Provides for alternative award of credits & letter grades under certain circumstances; renames Competency-Based Education Pilot Program as Mastery-Based Education Pilot Program; authorizes public school districts to submit applications for program & amend applications for specified purposes relating to credits & letter grades; provides requirements for such changes; revises statewide articulation agreement.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 52
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 02/13/19, 1:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 298
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Education Committee -HJ 295
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 295
• Introduced -HJ 52
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 293
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/19, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 632
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 632
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 788
• Amendment(s) adopted (894819) -HJ 788,789
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 805
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 92 NAYS 23 -HJ 805
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 500
• Received -SJ 500
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.