HB 647: Community Association Fire and Life Safety Systems
GENERAL BILL by Grieco ; Rommel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bush ; Cortes ; DiCeglie ; LaMarca ; Sabatini ; Toledo ; Williams
Community Association Fire and Life Safety Systems; Requires certain associations to post certain signs or symbols on buildings; requires State Fire Marshal to adopt rules governing such signs & symbols; provides for enforcement; revises provisions relating to evidence of association compliance with fire & life safety code; revises provisions related to retrofitting.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7103 (Ch. 2019-165)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 3:15 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 71
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 7 -HJ 352
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 520
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 520
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/18/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 1 -HJ 758
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 758
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 897
• Amendment(s) adopted (635427) -HJ 897
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 925
• Passed as amended; YEAS 103 NAYS 7 -HJ 925
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 579
• Withdrawn from Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 569
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 908 -SJ 569
• Received -SJ 578
• Read 2nd time -SJ 569
• Amendment(s) adopted (799580) -SJ 569
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 599
• Motion to reconsider adopted -SJ 599
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (888040) -SJ 600
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 600
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7103 (Ch. 2019-165)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.