CS/CS/HB 673: Insurer Guaranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Fischer
Insurer Guaranty Associations; Revises membership of Florida Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Association's board; specifies requirements relating to director of Florida Health Maintenance Organization Consumer Assistance Plan to be confirmed to association's board; specifies duties of association as to potential long-term care insurer impairments or insolvencies, sharing information, & providing assistance to plan's board; requires that DFS, rather than receivership court, approve certain alternative policies or contracts; authorizes association's board to file directly for actuarially justified rate or premium increases; specifies calculation & allocation of Class B assessments for long-term care insurance; specifies limit on certain assessments on member insurer or member HMO.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 74
• Introduced -HJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/07/19, 9:15 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -HJ 390
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 375
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 400
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 400
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 03/25/19, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 497
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 497
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 2 -HJ 598
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 596
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 631
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 776
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 802
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 802
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 504
• Received -SJ 503
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 654
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 654
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 626 -SJ 654
• Read 2nd time -SJ 654
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 850
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 850
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1157
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-83
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.