SB 7048: Disclosure of Confidential Records
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Disclosure of Confidential Records; Requiring service providers to disclose information from a clinical record under certain circumstances relating to threats to cause seriously bodily injury or death; requiring, rather than authorizing, psychiatrists to disclose certain patient communications for purposes of notifying potential victims and law enforcement agencies of certain threats; requiring, rather than authorizing, psychologists to disclose certain patient and client communications for purposes of notifying potential victims and law enforcement agencies of certain threats; providing psychologists with immunity from specified liability and actions under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1418 (Ch. 2019-134)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/19/19, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/20/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/10/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 377
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 406
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 406, 407
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1418 (Ch. 2019-134)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.