CS/HB 723: Fire Protection Systems
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee ; Donalds ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Casello
Fire Protection Systems; Authorizes local authorities to accept inspection reports by specified means; requires State Fire Marshal to adopt rules to implement uniform procedure for submission of inspection reports & provides requirements therefor; requires association to retrofit certain condominiums with fire sprinkler system or Engineered Life Safety System; provides compliance deadlines; authorizes association to elect alternative assessment option while implementing qualifying fire protection improvement.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Commerce Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1393 (Ch. 2019-140), CS/CS/HB 7103 (Ch. 2019-165)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 78
• Introduced -HJ 78
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 522
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 522
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/09/19, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -HJ 632
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 631
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 626
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Commerce Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1393 (Ch. 2019-140), CS/CS/HB 7103 (Ch. 2019-165)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.