CS/SB 292: Insurance Claims Data
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Broxson
Insurance Claims Data; Defining the terms “loss run statement” and “provide”; requiring surplus lines and authorized insurers, respectively, to provide insureds either a loss run statement or certain information within a certain timeframe after receipt of the insured’s written request; requiring insurers to provide notice to the agent of record after providing a loss run statement; prohibiting insurers from charging a fee to prepare and provide one loss run statement annually, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 11/12/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 12/10/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 24
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/05/20, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/13/20 -SJ 306
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Read 2nd time -SJ 487
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 532
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 532
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 997
• Received -HJ 997
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1041
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1081
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1082
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 725
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-51
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.