CS/HB 1005: Voting Systems
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Byrd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander ; Ausley ; Davis ; Drake ; Driskell ; Gregory ; Hill ; Joseph ; Slosberg ; Trumbull
Voting Systems; Revises timeframes for testing of automated tabulating equipment; revises procedures governing canvassing of returns to specify usage of voting system's automatic tabulating equipment; specifies when ballots must be processed through automatic tabulating equipment in recount; specifies manner manual recount may be conducted; revises requirements for hardware or software used in manual recount; authorizes overvotes & undervotes to be identified & sorted physically or digitally in manual recount.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 86
• Introduced -HJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 01/29/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 464
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 464
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 526
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 526
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/20/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 635
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 891
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 967
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 967
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 557
• Received -SJ 557
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 584
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1312 -SJ 584
• Read 2nd time -SJ 584
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 672
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 672
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.