CS/CS/HB 1011: Vacation Rentals
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee ; Fischer ; La Rosa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Daniels ; Sabatini
Vacation Rentals; Preempts regulation of vacation rentals & advertising platforms to state; prohibits local law, ordinance, or regulation from allowing or requiring inspections or licensing of public lodging establishments, including vacation rentals, or public food service establishments; expands exemption to allow local law, ordinance, or regulation adopted on or before specified date to be amended to be less restrictive; requires licenses issued by Division of Hotels & Restaurants of DBPR to be displayed conspicuously to public inside licensed establishment; provides requirements for owner or operator of vacation rentals & advertising platforms.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 87
• Introduced -HJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 3:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Workforce Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 421
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 421
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -HJ 508
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 498
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 9 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 635
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 665
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 897
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.