CS/CS/HB 1039: Transportation Network Companies
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Rommel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fischer
Transportation Network Companies; Removes for-hire vehicles from list of vehicles that are not considered transportation network carriers or are not exempt from certain registration; provides insurance maintained by TNC vehicle owners may satisfy required insurance coverages; authorizes TNC drivers to contract with companies to install TNC digital advertising devices on TNC vehicles; provides immunity from certain liability for TNC drivers, TNC vehicle owners, owners & operators of TNC digital advertising devices, & certain TNCs; authorizes entities to elect to be regulated as luxury ground TNCs by notifying DFS; provides for preemption over local law on governance of luxury ground TNCs, luxury ground TNC drivers, & luxury ground TNC vehicles; provides that TNCs are not liable for certain harm to persons or property if certain conditions are met.
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 90
• Introduced -HJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 464
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 461
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 487
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 487
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/20/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 687
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 720
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 897
• Amendment(s) adopted (276525) -HJ 897
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 973
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 974
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 558
• Received -SJ 558
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 594
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1352 -SJ 594
• Read 2nd time -SJ 594
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 679
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 679
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-87
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.